Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another week...a bit smarter.

Well after a very long week of being very very sick with a case of severe dehydration. I am finally feeling better! I had all the signs a week before I almost fell over in a classroom in front of 6th graders, but had no idea what was wrong with me and I have no idea how I drove myself home that day...but I did.

After laying in bed for almost a week..I am 98% recovered and enjoyed a relaxing weekend with my family...this was very much needed! We relaxed all day Saturday... Sunday we got up and went to our garden plot in the countryside and the farmers market to buy mostly root veggies since not much else is in season right now.


I made loads of roasted veggies with my farmers market score. I also discovered that our garlic is growing very well at our garden space. The onions...well...not so well..lets see...hmmmm...
Something I did before all this sickness was start my own vanilla extract..the first picture is when I made it and the second picture is a week later. I will let this vanilla marinate for 4-6 months.

We had some snow this past week..that was cozy and nice:)

I also ordered a new Green Superfood for smoothies and I like it! I am pretty picky when it comes to this sort of thing, but this one is yum.



And into the mountains we went today...it was SO relaxing! My husband took my daughter to the sled hill while I relaxed in the lodge with some tea. I also bought a nice little purse for our upcoming trip to Europe. It was a pretty perfect weekend, which really needed to happen for me.

No comments: